All of us surely got a family member or a friend who is a camera enthusiast. They take every opportunity to take photos or shoot videos, and you would often find them updating their online galleries or social media.
Ever thought about what would make effective gifts for them? How much will it cost to make them happy? With this year’s pandemic and economic downturn, how do you choose practical gifts?
Well, you’re in the right place because we’ve come up with the top six fantastic gift ideas for every photographer or videographer that won’t break the bank (and will make them remember you for the rest of the year!). With several days to go before Christmas, you still have the time to buy these things. Also, these are year-round gifts, so you can also use these ideas for other occasions.
This post includes affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, we may earn a commission, so thank you very much!
1. Memory Cards – SanDisk Extreme Pro Estimated cost: USD 35: This is one of those handy things they can never have enough of. Every photographer and videographer rely on it to store their masterpieces safely until they get home.
Get them at least 64 GB or 128 GB, which has a shot speed up to 90MB/s and transfer speeds up to 170MB/s, which will be perfect for shooting 4K UHD video. With SanDisk Extreme Pro, they can capture action as it happens. Plus, it’s built for and tested in harsh conditions.
2. Extra Camera Batteries Estimated cost: USD 33 for 2: Make sure you know what equipment they are using, and you can never go wrong with gifting them with extra camera batteries. It is a necessity because photographers can forget to charge their batteries!
You can go for aftermarket ones which are cheaper and without compromising the quality. Based on my experience, Neewer, Wasabi or Ravpower also work well. Better yet, why not get them chargers? Check out the following links for Sony and Canon.
3. Solid State Drive Estimated cost: USD 75. Camera enthusiasts would often shoot one subject a gazillion times so running out of storage is one of their major problems. Gifting them with a super compact, portable, fast and high storage space would make them love you even more!
And the best one I can recommend is the SanDisk Extreme Portable External SSD. It delivers high-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds, making it perfect for saving and editing hi-res photos and videos. With its rugged and compact design, it can withstand water and dust! It also comes in a small size (even smaller than a smartphone), so it will be easier for your loved ones to carry them around.
4. Aputure M9 LED Light Estimated cost: USD 30 – 99. Good lighting is essential for every photographer and videographer in your life. It is a key factor in creating successful images and videos. Lighting determines the tone, mood and atmosphere, but it’s not all the time that the sky would cooperate.
An excellent solution is gifting them with an Aputure AL-M9 Amaran LED Mini Light. Why? It can also change into many different colors, making it suitable for every camera enthusiast’s needs.
5. Manfrotto Mini Tripod Estimated cost: USD 18. It is an essential accessory for every photographer or videographer out there. Aside from allowing them to capture a more prolonged exposure by giving it stability, a tripod facilitates minimal movement when framing and capturing shots.
Even a mini tripod can do wonders! The Manfrotto Mini tripod is versatile, lightweight and portable. It also looks stylish so it’s perfect for vloggers too!
6. Neewer Reflector Estimated cost: USD 28. Photographers can’t survive without a reflector. Because it is a tool that helps them manipulate the light by providing another surface for the light to bounce off. It is also use to diffuse or flag natural and artificial light.
Since reflectors are cheap, why not get the 5 in 1 Neewer Reflector which offers five colors (translucent, silver, gold, white and black. It is easy to carry around because you can easily fold it when not in use.
There you go! What do you think about our top six gift ideas for photographers and videographers? If you order them now, it can still arrive in time for Christmas!
How about you? Do you have other gift ideas for the camera enthusiasts in our life? We’d love to hear them so feel free to share them in the comments below.